Hey, who ever said I’d post more than once every 5 years or so?
Anyway, apologies. Lots of twists and turns since that last post… where do I begin?
I don’t think I’ll even try. Instead, let’s just start at the present.
You can get the play-by-play of the past 9 months on the “BlimeyCabrio 2.0” thread on Motoring Alliance.
- I did a bunch of stuff to the car over the next 4 years, but not as much as in the first 3 years.
- No longer daily driver
- Converting to weekend twisties / track / hill climb car
- Vision was to build sort of a “GP Roadster”
- Installed Milltek exhaust
- Deleted rear seat, welded in custom roll bar
- Installed Corbeau LG1 microsuede seats
- Installed custom Schroth 6-point harness setup
- Converted to wheel studs
- Installed Detroit Tuned front 16″ BBK
- Installed rear 2nd gen JCW brakes
- Installed Deka ETX20L 15lb battery
- Hit a tire wall at CMP
- Finally burned up my auto transmission after 160k miles of abuse
- Attempted to rebuild auto tranny, failed but learned a lot
- Decided to convert car to manual transmission, need a parts car
- Stumbled upon GP0769, totaled and up for salvage auction in Ohio
- Won auction
- Now planning to really convert Blimey into GP Roadster GPR001, using GP0769 as a donor for many things. Including full repaint and restyle. Will take a while.
- GP0769 arrives at my home in NC about 10 minutes from now
OK, you’re caught up.